Let’s face it, being grounded sucks. When you’re stuck in the house, or maybe even your room, and you can’t hang out with your friends, even a day can feel like an eternity. But, there are some things that you can do to help the time pass faster.
1. Watch Movies – Watch movies on television or catch up on your DVD collection. If there’s a movie that you haven’t got around to watching yet, now’s your chance. You’ve got a lot of time on your hands, so you might as well take advantage of it.
2. Rearrange Your Bedroom – Moving some furniture around and changing your living quarters up a bit can give you a whole new outlook. If you do it right, you might even wind up with some extra floor space.
3. Write a Story – Whether you’re doing it for English class or just for fun, writing a story is very therapeutic. Sit down with a pen and paper and let your imagination take over. Regardless of whether it’s a short story or the beginning of your first novel, you’ll get lost in your own wonderland of tales.
4. Watch Some Tutorials on YouTube – If you’re a girl, you can spend the time watching tutorials and learning how to do new hairstyles and nail designs. Guys can spend their time learning how to fix the brakes on their car, or even how to make a projection TV with their cellphone and the lens from a magnifying glass.
5. Learn Some Phrases in Another Language – There are several websites that offer free foreign language lessons, or you can make use of YouTube tutorials. When you get off your grounding, you can impress your friends and family with what you’ve learned.
6. Study for a Test or Exam – Studying isn’t exactly fun, but acing a test or exam is. Right now while you’ve got nothing else to do, it’s the perfect time to make sure you know all of the material inside out. The time will pass faster and you’ll bring your grades up in the process.
7. Go on an Internet Adventure – Pick a topic that you’ve always been interested in and want to know more about. It can be anything from electric cars to medieval England or anything in between. Then, start with a Google search, pick the most interesting link, read the article, follow a link in the article, and continue following links in every article, until you finally come to an article without a link. Before you know it, you’ll know quite a bit about the topic, and at least an hour or two will have gone by.
8. Dance it Out – Rock out to some hip hop or pop music on your MP3, or even YouTube. While you’re alone in your room, you can dance around and practice new moves without an audience. Before you know it you’ll have the moves like Jagger.
9. Get Lost in a Book – Pick up that awesome book that you got for Christmas that’s been sitting on the shelf in your room collecting dust for months and actually read it. Let yourself get lost in the story, and you’ll be surprised how fast the time passes.
10. Make a List – Make a list of all of the fun things you’re going to do with your friends when you finally get off your grounding. Have fun with your list and be creative. After you’ve made the list, prioritize it.
When you’re grounded, you could mope around doing nothing and waiting for the time to pass. But, if you find simple things to do, you’ll find the time will go by a lot quicker. The next time you’re grounded, try doing some, or all, of the things on this list, and you’ll find that you’ll be back out with your friends before you know it.